Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Math Journals...

I was at a coffee shop with a fellow teacher and we were planning and sharing. I love collaborating with teachers like me. Nothing better than the exchange of creative engaging ideas. Anyways, we have all of our stuff spread out across the table, and people kept giving us strange looks. I sometimes forget that what I do and how I do is not usual norm. To me, these journals are normal, but to an outsider I just look a little crazy... I suppose.

I put just about everything into a composition book- tutorial logs, parent contact, student information, special education, workshop notes, ...
When I go to any training I always have my journals with me to quickly reference and makes notes. I forget it's not normal when I pull out my over flowing composition book and bottle of glue. I believe I'm what they call a kinestetic learner, but I'm not sure... :)