Tuesday, August 13, 2013

First Day of School Journal Page

As I was putting my classroom in order, I ran across an old notebook from one of my first journaling workshops. I found a neat idea for the first day of school and will try it out this year. The presenter had created a set of classroom expectations that were cut up into a tangram for the students to put together.

I decided to add this to my course syllabus page that will be page one in our journals this next year.
Reason: When a students asks me a question about classroom policy, I will redirect them to the course syllabus.
Page 1:

I have typed up my course syllabus and crammed it into two pages.

We will take these two pages, fold them in half, and glue them together.
On the front will be where we glue the tangram classroom expectations. (Now, I didn't write these. I'm not sure if the presenter before me wrote them either. :) )