Saturday, March 30, 2013

Algebra 1 Journal Pages Continued... HOY VUX!

You know, I might have approached or pronounced this incorrectly. My students appreciated the idea, but loved the fact that I introduced them to a new word say in class-"Holy Vux!" Oh, what fun...

We did do two journal pages over HOY VUX because I wanted to examine the idea of horizontal and vertical lines on the coordinate plane. This helped to tie in the understanding of slope and the ordered pairs.

The two statements were what I had the students generate as their conclusion of the significance of identifying the ordered pairs of these two lines.

My favorite part of journaling is having students reflect and draw conclusions about the significance of what we have done. I feel that I do not do this enough. It has proven to produce some of the best and surprising knowledge of the day.